Skateboarding For You Store

Monday, July 21, 2008

Tony Hawk Adventure



My son and I went to see Tony Hawk yesterday. He loved it! What an experience! It was well over a hundred degrees with most of the heat permeating onto us poor spectators. Facing the sun, our faces and bodies drenched with sweat, we watched squinty eyed as Tony Hawk and his troop performed their dazzling tricks. I especially liked the crazy motorcyclists flying behind the ramp. The drivers "running" next to their airborne bikes or lying horizontally with one hand on the seat of the bike for ...guidance? It was one of those moments where you didn't want to watch, but, out of morbid curiousity you tentively do, hoping they made it to safety on the other side. The flips and 360's performed by the skaters were fun to watch. I did find myself wondering why I had spent so much money to watch grown men on skates. However, after seeing the unabashed look of awe on my son's face, the money spent seemed to dwindle in comparison. Later that night my son asked me, "Did I really see Tony Hawk in person?" Money well spent.

No comments: